Applied Research in Geomatics, Atmosphere, Nature & Space
ARGANS Ltd, a company based in Plymouth, specialises in Geomatics, Atmosphere, Ocean, Nature and Space sciences. ARGANS is committed to concentrating its efforts on satellite missions infrastructure, whether satellite ground segment development or operations on behalf of satellite services industry and space agencies, whilst keeping its strong scientific expertise in remote sensing science in coordination with Plymouth University and the parent company ACRI-ST in France. The launch of the European COPERNICUS missions with the SENTINEL satellites by 2014 as well as new nationally funded missions in Germany, France, UK and Italy, and prospective commercial missions provide new opportunities.
The UK involvement in space business is growing with the government expecting the UK global market share to increase from 6 to 10 percent by 2030. For example, in line with the recent UK Space Innovation and Growth Strategy, a Satellite Applications Catapult Centre is being established to trigger satellite services, including broadband, navigation and earth observation.
- SMOS Soil Moisture Ocean Salinity.
- IDEAS SPPA Sensor Performance & Product Assessment.
- DIMITRI, database & tools for multi-spectral sensor inter-calibration.
- MERIS CalVal Calibration & Validation.
- GMES Sentinel-3 Level 2 Prototype Processor.
- AquaMar Training of Users.
- International Charter Space & Major Disasters